Following up after a job interview may be what lands you the job that you want, but it is something that people often overlook. Forbes suggests some ways you can approach the follow-up:
- Send an email, preferably within 48 hours of your interview.
- Even if it is beyond 48 hours, it is still a good idea to send that email.
- Consider sending a second note later, something more substantial.
- In the email be sure to show that you paid close attention to the interviewer’s needs and concerns, and cite specifics.
- If you don’t hear back after two emails, pick up the phone and give them a call. Sometimes hearing your voice is precisely what the employer needs.
To read more about these suggestions, please click here.