Deciding on a career field may seem daunting at first but if you follow a few steps you will be on the right path. Your goal is to match your choice with your abilities and skill sets. Give yourself a wide variety of options to start with and go from there. Use the following steps to aid you in choosing a career field.
* Determine what you like to do
* Identify the skills you use when you do what you enjoy
* Think of fields broadly
* Consider cross-field work
* Learn as much as possible about the qualifications needed for the fields that interest you
* Find people who work in the field and learn from them
* Evaluate your choice of field based on your perceptions and the information you have gathered
* Sign up for an educational or training program in the field of your choice
* Keep positive
For more information, click here.