SuccessFactors provides a guide for helping you make and set career goals:
1) Write down your goal interest.
2) Begin to identify specific long-term professional goals. What position do you want? Where do you want to go?
3) Devise short-term goals to help you get to your long-term goals. How will you get to where you want to be? What is standing in your way? What skills can you learn that will assist you in your upward mobility?
4) List 2-3 activities that you can introduce into your life that will help you with these
5) What about your current job will help you to reach both short-term and long-term goals? You may want to begin to emphasize those parts of your job.
6) What other skills can you acquire to help you in reaching your goals?
For more information and details, click here to view the entire article.